Navigating the System
A Guide for People with Traumatic Brain Injury and Their Families

Do I need a special kind of doctor?

Sep 24, 2013, 18:04 PM
YouTube Code:
Meta description:
10, 20, 30

A Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Doctor (also called a Physiatrist or PM&R Doctor) will guide your treatment plan and make sure you are referred to the resources you need.

Other specialists may be needed for specific issues, such as:

  • Neuro-opthalmologist (for vision problems after brain injury)
  • Auditory processing specialist (for hearing/understanding problems)

The Brain Injury Alliance of Arizona can direct you to brain injury professionals. Call us at:
Maricopa County: 602-508-8024
Toll-free Statewide (Arizona): 888-500-9165

Or use our online Resource Directory.

Brain Injury Alliance
© 2013 Brain Injury Alliance of Arizona. All rights Reserved. Disclaimer.